From RHESSI Wiki
This page contains information about changes/issues for RHESSI detector 7 after the 2014 anneal. Detector updates from 2012-mid 2014 can be found here: Detector 7 anneal 2012
After the 2014 anneal, detector 7 was unsegmented. As of 11-27-2014 it has SEGMENTED
- A tweak shortly after the anneal was completed:
G7 front slow to 0x80 (was 0x70) after 03:40 on 2014-Aug-14.
- 11-27-2014. G7 rear slow rates rose and the detector segmented
- Front Fast and Front Slow thresholds were changed on January 7, 2015 at 14:20 UTC to default values. Front slow is showing very high values on the monitor rates (~900).
G7 front slow to 0x0C (was 0x10) after 14:21 on 2015-Jan-07.
G7 front fast to 0x22 (was 0x2E) after 14:22 on 2015-Jan-07.
- On Jan 13 2015, we reverted the front slow thresh back to its previous value, because it was suspected that low-energy D7 events were filling up the SSR.
15-013-19:27:21 /IDPUTABLE7 OFFSET=FRONTSLOWDAC
15-013-19:27:36 /IDPULOAD VALUE=0x10 ; increased from 0x0C
15-013-19:28:17 start idpu_dec_active_vigorous
- The rear fast threshold was changed on July 13 2015 due to dropping livetime in the rear:
2015-194-16:35:07 /IDPUTABLE7 OFFSET=REARFASTDAC
2015-194-16:35:15 /IDPLOAD VALUE=0x50 ; was 0x45
- The rear fast threshold was changed on July 24 2015 due to low livetime. However, the change probably wasn't needed; the tohban hadn't noticed that a change had already been made a few days ago. The next tohban can reverse the change if desired.
2015-205-17:19:59 /IDPUTABLE7 OFFSET=REARFASTDAC
2015-205-17:20:08 /IDPLOAD VALUE=0x70 ; was 0x60
- On August 27 D7 rear fast threshold was rasied to increase its livetime.
2015-239-17:58:24 /IDPUTABLE7 OFFSET=REARFASTDAC
2015-239-17:58:32 /IDPLOAD VALUE=0x80 ; was 0x70
- On October 8, 9, and 12, the rear fast threshold was raised three times to try and raise livetime. Results still need to be assessed.
2015-281-21:57:30 /IDPUTABLE7 OFFSET=REARFASTDAC
2015-281-21:57:39 /IDPLOAD VALUE=0xB0 ; was 0xA0
2015-282-19:56:31 /IDPUTABLE7 OFFSET=REARFASTDAC
2015-282-19:57:41 /IDPLOAD VALUE=0xC0 ; was 0xB0
2015-285-21:51:54 /IDPUTABLE7 OFFSET=REARFASTDAC
2015-285-21:52:03 /IDPLOAD VALUE=0xD0 ; was 0xC0
- Also on October 12, the front fast threshold on D7 (and also D1) was raised. This is to try and top off the livetime used in the attenuator logic. It might not work, since the fast rates are not terribly high for this detector, in which case the change could be reversed by a future tohban. Check this and se..
2015-285-21:50:47 /IDPUTABLE7 OFFSET=FRONTFASTDAC
2015-285-21:50:56 /IDPLOAD VALUE=0x50 ; was 0x40
D7 front slow LLD threshold history
| post 2014 anneal || 0x70
| 2014-Aug-14 after 03:40 UTC || 0x80 (was 0x70)
| 2014-Dec-4 after 01:09 UTC || 0x10 (was 0x80)
| 2015-Jan-07 after 14:09 UTC || 0x0C (was 0x10)
| 2015-Jan-14 19:27:36 UTC || 0x10 (was 0x0C)
D7 front fast LLD threshold history
| post 2014 anneal || 0x2E
| 2015-Jan-07 after 14:09 UTC || 0x22 (was 0x2E)
| 2015-May-12 21:01:53 || 0x30 (was 0x22)
| 2015-May-12 21:03:20 || 0x40 (was 0x30)
| 2015-Oct-12 21:50:56 || 0x50 (was 0x40)
D7 rear slow LLD threshold history
D7 rear fast LLD threshold history
| post 2014 anneal || 0x45
| 2015-Jul-13 16:35:15 || 0x50 (was 0x45)
| 2015-Jul-24 17:20:08 || 0x70 (was 0x60)
| 2015-Aug-27 17:58:32 || 0x80 (was 0x70)
| 2015-Sep-17 06:37:46 || 0x90 (was 0x80)
| 2015-Sep-21 20:10:26 || 0xA0 (was 0x90)
| 2015-Oct-08 21:57:39 || 0xB0 (was 0xA0)
| 2015-Oct-09 19:57:41 || 0xC0 (was 0xB0)
| 2015-Oct-12 21:52:03 || 0xD0 (was 0xC0)
D7 HV history